Thursday, May 8, 2008

Missing Jake



This week our e-mail from Jake had all of his information for his Mother's Day phone call. I have to be honest and say that it has made me very homesick to know that I was not going to be able to talk to him. As I was feeling sorry for myself, I was organizing some pictures and came across a few crazy ones of him. The blue face from the BYU vs. Utah game...the try on sock from Payless shoe store over his head...and the favorite pose of shaking his head back and forth saying, "take it now...take it now...", these all brought a warm feeling to my heart with the reminder of the importance of the wonderful work that he is doing. It made me realize how insignificant being there for a phone call really is. He is such a great example to our whole family! It is amazing how something as simple as a picture can change your whole perspective on something. It is also amazing how Jake is still making me laugh out loud at what a goof ball he really is.

4 comments:

Mandy said...

Your blog is awesome! Soon you will be a master of all the gooney things you can do! I mess with mine a million times a day! Love it!

Allison said...

None of these pictures look like Jake to me... and not one picture looks like another. Jake must be a master of desguise.

Cute page, Kelli.

Anonymous said...

It's hard missing our missionaries! Ben comes
home in November. Life
isn't the same without
them is it? Hey, did you
hear about the golfing
story in Vegas last October?
Jake cracked me up, after I
realized he was going to live!
Miss you!
Love,
Bonnie

Mandy said...

Slack, slack, slack, slack- SLACKER! Even after our discussion about your bloggy-ness...tisk, tisk. You owe me!