Sunday, August 9, 2009

Bath Time!!!

This week we did a very brave thing...we put Hyrum in the tub with sister, and she survived. This week we have been counting our blessings even more then we have been before. A few weeks ago they announced at my work that they were doing lay-offs because of how slow we have been lately. I knew I was going to be on the chopping block because they were going by seniority only and I have only a year and a half behind me. After 2 weeks of uncertainty and lots and lots of tears I was called into my directors office and told that I was going to be one of the nurses let go. There was a possibility that I would be given another job at another hospital, but after so many rumors it is hard to believe anyone or anything you are being told. After a good cry and prayer in the bathroom I went back out to the floor to finish my shift. Four hours later I got called to my director's office again and offered a job in the labor and delivery department (in the same hospital I had just been laid off from), the only catch was it was a night shift. I very willingly accepted the job, and realized that I will never take it for granted. We have been so very blessed and watched over! And now that I will be working the night shift I will have a good excuse as to why I am such a crappy blogger!!!! I hope you enjoy the pictures, they remind me to enjoy the little things in life and count every little blessing!






4 comments:

Kim Sandling said...

What cute kids you have! I'm so grateful that you are still able to work at the hospital and that you and your family are so blessed!

Lisa said...

I am so glad you were offered the job. What a great blessing. Those kids are darn cute too. I can't believe how grown up they are getting.

Angie said...

Kelly -
Ahh I am so sorry! I had no Idea you were going thru all that. We do tend to take things for granite, thanks for the great reminder. I hope your new job works out great. They are lucky to have you.YOur children are absolutely gorgeous! love ya

The Ericksons said...

I love that picture of Hayden with the bubble all over her face. I love her eyes!!! By the way, don't say you have an excuse now, if you are working at night, you'll have all day to blog now. hehehe