Thursday, September 11, 2008

A 14 week flu?!?!


Ok, so I know that I am like the worst blogger ever! I don't even know if anyone is even looking here any more! I have what I think is a good excuse however, we found out that much to Hyrum's dismay, he is going to be a big brother. I am now at 14 weeks, and we have the first picture of our little "peanut". When we first found out that there was something a little "off" with me, and finally figured out what it was, Richie and I were hanging blinds in one of our other rooms. We were talking about how we could move the furniture around and change it into a room for the baby, not even realizing that a 2 yr old could comprehend what we were even discussing. A few hours later I was in the shower and the curtain flung open. Hyrum looked up at me and said, "Mommy, I can't want a baby in the 'nother room!" I realized he did understand what was going on, and said to him, "Okay, son, we will just put the baby in your room with you," to which he replied in a very stern voice, "I can't want a baby!" and shut the curtain.

He is trying to wrap his little 2 yr old mind around this concept of being a big brother, and is warming up to it slowly. He has gone from "no baby" to "I am going to put the baby in my room in this bucket!!!" (we will be hiding any bucket we have around the house before the baby comes home!)

I am slowly getting over the puking stage of this whole thing, thank heavens for zofran. The computer screen made me just sick to even look at, so hopefully I will get back on the blog train.

8 comments:

Mandy said...

AWESOME! You did it! I'm so proud....now for two reasons. 1) you blogged and 2) you're adding another little Pew to the world! CONGRATS!

Emily said...

Congratulations Kelli, Richie, and Hyrum! You're getting past the horrible part of pregnancy, and entering the fun stage (elastic-waist pants)! Hope all is going well. Hope to see you soon! Love, The Ushers

Lisa said...

Congrats Pew family. I am so happy for you. I know how wonderful Zofran is. I am also a big fan. Keep us updated. I hope you guys come out soon. I can't wait to see you. Also, I want you to see Benjamin.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I had no idea, how very exciting!~ I'm very excited for you!~ Are you going to make it to Grandma's b-day this year? I haven't seen you in ages! I've never even met Hyrum and I've heard he's so much fun!
Love you,
Bonnie

Kim Sandling said...

I am so happy for you! Another little one running around is so much fun! Hyrum will get used to the idea, and be a great big brother! Congrats to you and your family!

Kim Sandling said...

Sorry, I forgot to sign "Love the Kim and Rob Sandling Family"-Blonde moment!

ssh said...

CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS! hyrum is too cute. i can just see him ripping the curtain open. that made me laugh. more pews! more pews! love you!!

Megan said...

Hey Kelli- it's Bunch. I hope you remember me from the good old Branbury days. Anyways Steph gave me your guys' blog so I could check out how cute Hyrum is. He is so dang cute! And congrats on the up and coming babe. I finally made a blog that I added you too, hope that's okay but its zebmegreeves.blogspot.com if you want to check it out. Congrats babe.